Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mann se Ravan jo nikale Ram uske Mann me hain


Wishing you all a blessed festive season.

As a kid I loved to watch Ravan's effigy busted with fire crackers on Dusshera. We all does, right? We were told the story of Ramayana, and how lord Ram killed the evil Ravan. As today I reflect back to Ram-Ravan story I ask myself what Ravan did wrong? Why is he an idol of evil?

First thing, he was born in "Asur" family. Does that justify enough? No.
Secondly, he took over many states, regions and heaven. Does this justify? Yes a bit. Because violence is against human morals.
Thirdly, he kidnapped Sita and took her to his land. Kept her in a palace and asked her to marry him. Never touched her and respected her integrity. Does this justify? Well, I will not get into details of this story and say, yes it does. It is immoral to keep an eye on other women.

But consider today's scenario. Who among us is not Ravan? There are hundreds of them in the streets. Teasing and abusing women. Hundreds of them harassing innocent humans in the name of religion, politics, race and color. 

Not until we kill the Ravana in ourselves, the true meaning of Dusshera can be idealized.
As it is quoted in a song from Swades Movie:
"Mann se Ravan jo nikale Ram uske Mann me hain"


No comments:

Post a Comment